• No-Jeans Inspiration: Sister Outfits!

So! You wanted to see some real no-jeans outfits for my resolution that weren’t from magazines and j.crew ads. Well, here’s something fun. My three sisters decided to join in on the challenge with me (have I mentioned how fashionable they are?). Celeste is older (and cooler), Becca and Trina are younger (and hipper). I’m somewhere in the middle and the shortest of all. What works? What do you love? What do you really really love? *frownsmile*
    Oldest to youngest:

Celeste

On Celeste’s agenda this week: Catching babies in the hospital (she’s a midwife!), giving contraception seminars at the teen mom clinic, nursing her 6 month old babe, potty training her 2 yr old, making warm soup and homemade bread

Me

On my agenda this week: A couple Valentines Day craft photo shoots, brunch with Jared, a chilly morning at the park, playing trains with Henry, preparing my Alt Summit presentation for next week

(didn’t notice I’m looking down in all these pics. So dramatic! Geez!)

Becca

On Becca’s agenda this week: Grading HW assignment for a class she’s TAing, writing a research proposal about Saddam Hussein reinforcing Iraq’s tribal cleavages, throwing a goodbye party at her charming little house, discussing funding options for living in Syria next year, practicing banjo.

Trina

On Trina’s agenda this week: Band practice with Timber! in preparation for their upcoming gig this weekend, making grilled cheeses in a waffle maker in the dorm, studying for her biology test, and shopping at thrift stores

See? Aren’t they cute?
    This was so fun! Should we make this into a monthly series? (if my sisters will agree…)

1. Anonymous said… August 3, 2011 10:13 am

That's a great idea. I haven't worn jeans in 5 months! I'm so glad others are making the change. Little by little we'll dress up the East coast.

2. Engagement ring settings said… March 22, 2011 2:12 am

Your sisters are so cute & stylish.I love all the outfits they have worn.

3. katie said… February 4, 2011 4:42 am

this is such a great idea! your sisters are adorable.

4. Jessica Lynn said… February 1, 2011 8:23 pm

haha, I just found your blog somehow and I am loving it. Then I noticed a picture of Becca! I went to Jerusalem with her. So great you are sisters!

5. Traci G said… January 30, 2011 7:33 pm

love these girls. i have an image of coming into your kitchen on elm and seeing becca in a high chair. i'm running with your mom in the am, btw. always a taste of home to be with the ricks.

6. The BabbyMama said… January 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I should take this challenge, eek. My current no-jeans outfit involves sweats. Not the best look, but I am sick…

7. katrina said… January 24, 2011 7:17 pm

this is such a cute idea! i really should follow it more often. in the winter it is so easy to get into clothing slumps!where did celeste get her tights and skirt in the first outfit?!

8. Jenni Boyle said… January 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey Ricks sister, My name is jenni and I am a friend of Becca's. She told me about her blogging sis a long time ago but I finally looked you up. I love this post and have actually met all you lovely sisters. You girls are darling.

9. AE Jones said… January 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Just discovered your blog and I LOVE it!!! Darling outfit with the yellow sweater.

10. Charlotte said… January 18, 2011 9:53 pm

YOU get my vote (and I'm not even trying to suck up) with Trina in 2nd. All adorable though!

11. Sarah & Jake said… January 16, 2011 9:25 pm

I found your blog thru my new neighbor Steph B (lucky me), and realized your sister is Celeste Ricks, and please tell her I, Sarah Sedgwick say hello Jerusalem roomie, and to please go get on facebook?

12. Erica said… January 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Dang I married into a fashionable family. Y'all look great!

13. Marae said… January 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I LOVE your first outfit. And the rest, of course!Is Becca going to Damascus? We're moving there in March for 6+ months…

14. Liz Stanley said… January 14, 2011 5:45 pm

hey nomadic gnome (awesome handle fyi): i think they're just from target or something like that. nothing fancy ;)

15. Lindsey said… January 14, 2011 4:17 pm

LOVE this post! Keep it up :)

16. nomadic gnome said… January 14, 2011 11:58 am

you all are so cool. can i be your sister-friend?your leggings are awesome! where can i snag a pair of equally opaque leggings?

17. Liz Stanley said… January 14, 2011 8:51 am

Hey guys! The boots are from diesel, I got them discounted at a Downeast store about 3 yrs ago

18. amy said… January 14, 2011 8:50 am

Adorable! Can't wait to see next month's outfits:)

19. Deanna (Silly Goose Farm) said… January 14, 2011 7:28 am

You and your sisters are ADORABLE! I wish I had a sibing. I love the polka-dot number you were sporting. So cute!

20. Ashley said… January 14, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Liz, I wanted to pass a long a cutesy little blog award, called the Stylish Blogger Award! I've really enjoyed reading your musings on style, home and family! So, here are the rules:As part of accepting the award, you'll…+ Thank and link back to the person that awarded them {me}+ Share seven things about themselves.+ Pay it forward to some recently discovered bloggers.+ Contact those bloggers about the award!Happy Weekend!

21. Heather said… January 14, 2011 6:16 am

Love your brown boots (and the whole outfit in that pic)! I'm excited for you to make this a monthly thing! Yay!

22. Baby Jear said… January 14, 2011 5:57 am

where oh where are the taller brown boots from?????? so cute

23. Jenny White said… January 14, 2011 5:29 am

You should do more – that is SO COOL. It has inspired me to see if my sister's would do something similar…..Great post!!

24. ferardandy said… January 13, 2011 10:59 pm

you guys are the cutest.

25. Liz Stanley said… January 13, 2011 10:51 pm

it's on guys! thanks for all the great comments. monthly series it is!

26. the 30 girl said… January 13, 2011 9:20 pm

awesome! such great outfits…it's so cool how you can see that you are all sisters…but each with your own take on style. thanks for sharing!

27. Kelly said… January 13, 2011 7:13 pm

aw, I LOVE this! It makes me miss my equally adorable sisters.

28. Kayla Poole said… January 13, 2011 5:20 pm

so cute. and you're inspiring me out of my jeans. literally, I just shimmied out of them to go play in my closet.

29. Krysten @ After 'I Do' said… January 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Ah I LOVE this post! I would love to stop wearing jeans but definitely don't have enough bottoms currently to pull it off.

30. 17 Perth said… January 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Love love love these posts! Great outfits and it's making me sick of my jeans! Maybe I'm right behind you. Thanks for the inspiration. : )

31. pepper said… January 13, 2011 4:04 pm

I love this! You are all so adorable. Sisters are the best!

32. Kristen said… January 13, 2011 3:09 pm

You ladies look awesome! You should definitely make it a monthly thing. I loved how you through in your plans for the week…

33. Jacinta said… January 13, 2011 2:58 pm

These are all great outfits with no denim! It makes it fun when you're doing it with others and if you have to take photos of it to document every day then it really challenges you more. I found with my denim challenge I had to plan my outfit the night before otherwise in the morning I'd freak out and grab the same things. You're doing a great job! :)xo MODELmumma

34. Bryan and Sarah said… January 13, 2011 2:51 pm

I really like this post. Your family seems so cool.

35. Camellia said… January 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Go for it! Fun idea, and a great way to encourage the creation of new ensembles… a good inspiration for us all.

36. Amanda said… January 13, 2011 2:33 pm

I LOVE all these outfits! You and your sisters are adorable! Would it be possible to tell us where all the clothes came from? We can only copy you if we know where to get it ;).

37. Becca said… January 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh I hope you make this a monthly post! This was so fun to read and your sisters and you are too lovely!

38. Brooke said… January 13, 2011 12:57 pm

love love love those boots!

39. Chloé said… January 13, 2011 12:49 pm

I love this! I am also trying to wear jeans less so I'm happy to see your inspiring outfits. You're all cute!

40. megan said… January 13, 2011 12:35 pm

that was so fun to see! you have so many sisters – and they are all so fabulous!

41. Liz Stanley said… January 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Thank everyone, you're all so sweet!

42. Rachel Kimball said… January 13, 2011 12:29 pm

I love the name of your sister's band, how cool!

43. robin k said… January 13, 2011 12:19 pm

So fun! I vote for doing this monthly!

44. michelle said… January 13, 2011 12:19 pm

what a cute post. Love all the sister outfits and the personal style. And I looooove your boots in the second pic.

45. Kathy said… January 13, 2011 11:59 am

I want becca's shoes and you guys all do the layers thing really well. so cute you're all so stylish and alike but different in little ways. love the series idea!

46. Jenny said… January 13, 2011 11:44 am

ooh, looove those brown boots you're wearing.

47. Janelle said… January 13, 2011 11:40 am

I love this post! Trina looks so much like you! I love Celeste's outfits…totally my style. I love yours too because you are really rocking the layers, plus the last outfit with the polka dot skirt and the gingham shirt under the gray sweatshirt? Totally awesome! Love it!

48. Ivy said… January 13, 2011 11:21 am

wow, yes please make this a series??

49. I'm Sarah said… January 13, 2011 11:14 am

YES to monthly series! You guys are so cute (and by the sounds of it, hella smart and talented)!

50. Little Lj said… January 13, 2011 10:46 am

Ahhh cute! I love this, definitely make it a regular thing. Also, I love your body-warmer, I have recently bought one that is very similar!

51. Liz Stanley said… January 13, 2011 10:44 am

Shimmy Shake- I was thinking that. It was hard enough getting them to send me photos (I forget the late hours college kids entertain), but we'll work on it. Maybe I could add mine at least, huh?

52. Honora said… January 13, 2011 10:33 am

you guys are so adorable! haven't seen celeste's face in a long, long time…

53. Shimmy Shake said… January 13, 2011 10:26 am

Fabulous post – of course this is more work but I would love to know where your items are from! Shoes, shirts – you all look great!!

54. heather said… January 13, 2011 10:12 am

I spy a honeysuckle belt, cute! love that belt over the vest. you're right, vests are hip (on you at least!). looks great, super inspiring!

55. tiff said… January 13, 2011 9:59 am

Yes, please!

56. Erica Moore said… January 13, 2011 9:59 am

Ahh I love it! Keep it coming! What a stylish bunch of sistas

57. {megs in wonderland} said… January 13, 2011 9:47 am

You should definitely do more of these. Becca is probably the most stylish girl in all of Provo, obviously it runs in the family ;) Where did Celeste get her shirt and cardigan in the first picture?? I LOVE them! You all look so great, and no jeans. Love that.

58. dandee said… January 13, 2011 9:31 am

You are inspiring me to no end with your dressy/casual mash ups. The gray sweatshirt over the gingham? Be still my heart. And your sisters are adorable. Would love to see more of this.

59. Liz Stanley said… January 13, 2011 9:28 am

Elaine, that's so flattering coming from you-thanks sweetie!

60. angela hardison said… January 13, 2011 9:26 am

you are all so adorable. i need to stop wearing jeans, too. yes – you should do this more often!

61. Gina said… January 13, 2011 9:25 am

OMG you guys are so cute! PS Tell Trina and want her boots (she's so cute!)

62. Jessica said… January 13, 2011 9:23 am

you guys are all adorable! And you and Trina look very much alike. Cute sister post!

63. agirlandaboy said… January 13, 2011 9:13 am

How cute are you guys?! One of my goals this year is to wear more dresses, so this is great inspiration.

64. {april kennedy} said… January 13, 2011 9:10 am

Oh your Number two outfit….drooling. I want to recreate that one stat. My 13 year old took off in leggings, a long cardigan and my tall boots today for school and I was jealous!What a great idea. Keep them coming!

65. Steph at Modern Parents Messy Kids said… January 13, 2011 9:09 am

Looking good ladies – I especially like your outfit with the vest and boots. You've inspired me to buy (and wear) my first pair of leggings. I know – I'm a few years late but I've been having babies and not really feeling legging worthy.btw – how does your sis breastfeed in those outfits? That's what I'm struggling with right now!

66. DanielleisNesting said… January 13, 2011 9:07 am

I love all the outfits in this!

67. Elaine said… January 13, 2011 9:04 am

You know me… I LOVE THIS POST! Do more! Do more! P.S. I love your #2 and #3 outfit. And you have cute sisters. And you should do more.www.clothedmuch.com