• DIY: Framed Jewelry Organizer

New Years Resolution #3: Organize my jewelry

My necklaces had gotten so tangled and twisted in my jewelry box, they needed a serious intervention for the new year. I’ve had this cool thrifted frame around for a while and decided to add some pegboard in the back to make an organizer that could be displayed.

My favorite part are the pretty knobs and hooks.  Found them on sale at Anthropologie.
    How do you organize your necklaces?
    See more details from the project here on Momtastic.

1. HunDuddle Hussy said… January 16, 2011 6:05 am

ugghh. i need to organize my jewelry SOOOO horrible bad. love this idea. LOOOOOOVE it. ur rad.

2. Katie Morwenna said… January 8, 2011 1:08 am

My friend's little sister is a furniture designer in Sweden and she designs these amazing jewelry stands – I LOVE it. I actually keep things semi-organised now.http://www.flickr.com/photos/katcha/4434493189/

3. Erika Peterson said… January 7, 2011 2:39 pm

I LOVE this. I haven't been so excited about a DIY project in awhile!

4. Liz Stanley said… January 7, 2011 1:17 pm

perfect, mardi!

5. mardi said… January 7, 2011 9:40 am

not only do i have a collection of old frames and no more wall space (you've seen my tiny place), I also buy random knobs from anthro when they're on sale for $2.95, thinking i'll refurbish a bureau someday (when??) this is perfect- thanks liz!

6. sue said… January 7, 2011 1:54 am

Hey, I like this, its very simular to the jewlery board i bought at http://www.abodent.com . I never thought to make something like this myself though.

7. Liz Stanley said… January 6, 2011 9:26 pm

Sarahjane- thanks! Love your knobs, will have to check out the source for more!

8. sarahjane_72 said… January 6, 2011 8:59 pm

I just finished my jewlery holder too! we had similar ideas with the knobs, but mine are anthro knock offs from hobby lobby… here is a link to the photo: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KKcgYzK3o8U/TSZXuZFN7hI/AAAAAAAAA0s/p6kkMG2J-V0/s1600/IMG_1259.jpgI really love you blog and all your fun ideas. I am a craft blog nerd and yours is one of my very favorites to look at! Thanks for all the fun posts!

9. Nicolette Dirks said… January 6, 2011 7:17 pm

This is so beautiful and so do-able! Thank you for posting! I have a ton of wily jewelry to organize!

10. alex said… January 6, 2011 6:12 pm

that's totally cute. my daughter would have loved it.. great idea for her. thanks..

11. the handmade hipster said… January 6, 2011 3:06 pm

I actually have something really similar: Mine just has those cheap screw-hooks an inch apart along the top of a frame-I love how it frames nice neat rows of my necklaces on the wall!

12. Sarah said… January 6, 2011 3:04 pm

Awesome idea! I love those knobs!

13. Kaira said… January 6, 2011 11:31 am

so great! I tried a similar project, i love not having my necklaces in knots anymore! yay. Happy 2011!

14. dandee said… January 5, 2011 7:38 pm

oh, the knobs! so brilliant!

15. Erica Moore said… January 5, 2011 4:49 pm

so fabulous, liz!

16. Liz Stanley said… January 5, 2011 3:10 pm

Tara, you're right this would be a great homemade gift!

17. Liz Stanley said… January 5, 2011 3:10 pm

M and E, love yours! you have quite a nice collection

18. Heart Charlie said… January 5, 2011 1:21 pm

Love this idea!!

19. Little Lj said… January 5, 2011 12:51 pm

I so need this. My necklaces are forever tangled!Lj x

20. M and E said… January 5, 2011 11:19 am

I made the same thing last year! My husband bought me a big, beautiful gold frame at a junk shop, and I added light blue peg board. I left most of the holes open for earrings, but I bought a pack of wooden pegs at the craft store, painted them gold, and hang my necklaces from them along the bottom of the frame. It is one of the best projects ever, and adds some much-needed color to my bedroom wall. Here's a link: http://maxandellie.blogspot.com/2010/03/jewelry-board.html

21. Brooke said… January 5, 2011 11:10 am

What a great idea!

22. Mrs B said… January 5, 2011 10:07 am

I love your frame organizer, especially since you used a frame you already had and painted out your pegboard, it's lovely! I found some great knobs at Hobby Lobby (on sale of course) and put them directly into my wall, i'll be posting a photo of them on my blog http://jvbennett.blogspot.com

23. Jessica Ochs said… January 5, 2011 9:01 am

Love this idea!! I have been afraid to organize my jewelry box because I didn't know where to start. This seems like the perfect solution! Thanks!

24. Kristina said… January 5, 2011 7:45 am

The knobs are beautiful! Love the idea! Viele Gruesse, Kristina

25. B. Inspired. said… January 5, 2011 7:38 am

I've always wanted a reason to buy those knobs at Anthropologie

26. Jessica said… January 5, 2011 7:27 am

I just reorganized my necklaces this weekend. I love your frame, but we have a small bedroom and I wanted something that was visually unobtrusive. I didn't want to girly up our bedroom space too much. We have Ikea closets, so I got a neat pegged rack that can slide in and out. Now I've got a place to store necklaces, belts, and scarves that keeps them untangled and out of sight.

27. Tara said… January 5, 2011 6:54 am

this might be the perfect gift for my mom and her birthday is next month… thanks!

28. Melissa said… January 5, 2011 6:14 am

That turned out really cute. I need to do something similar as have a half finished dressing room and that would make great art and storage.

29. Naomi Alice said… January 5, 2011 6:11 am

love it! Great idea. I've been looking to do something with mine.. thanks :)