• Thanksgiving Menu

Let’s talk Thanksgiving eats for a little bit, since it’s the foremost thing on my mind this week! Want to see a little glimpse into our menu? I love how many family recipes are included, it makes it really feel traditional.

The Stanley signature veggie dip (you can’t argue with cheez wiz and cream cheese!)
    Fancy cheese and crackers (or maybe baked brie, any recommendations here for cheese? I haven’t got this yet)
    Aunt Robin’s Cream of Parsnip Soup
    My mom’s delicious Asian Sesame green beans
    Grandma Mema’s famous rolls (pretty sure everyone has their favorite)
    Orange Cranberry Sauce
    Aller’s Mashed Potatoes
    My Aunt Deborah’s signature stuffing with sausage, apples, sage, cranberres and mushrooms…mmmm
    Brined Fresh Roast Turkey (never made a turkey or brined before!)
    Erin Stanley’s Holiday Sweet Potatoes
    Celeste Thomas’ Tart Cherry Pie (it’s amazing, and I better make it right because she’s coming!)
    Ina’s Deep Dish Apple Pie (she’s pretty much like family!)
     Vodka pie crust recipe for these pies that are supposed to be fool proof to roll out. I like that promise, because I am a fool with pie crusts
    My Aunt Rebecca’s signature cheesecake (IF I have time!)
    Aller’s Banana Cream Pie
    Aller’s Chocolate Cream Pie
    Aller’s Pumpkin Pie

Activities for the 7 kids under 3: Walnut boats/races, fruit loop necklaces, Thanksgiving pinata (I’ll post pictures of this tomorrow!)

(image)

1. rachel @ blackeiffel said… November 23, 2010 8:27 pm

Wow what a menu – sounds delicious, best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

2. Jan @ Family Bites said… November 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Sounds delicious! For cheese boards, I like to set out an aged cheddar, goat, brie and blue with some grapes, dried fruits and assorted cracker. Simple and easy to assemble. Your meal sounds delicious.

3. Caroline said… November 23, 2010 6:35 pm

This all sounds so amazing!! ENJOY! xo

4. escapade said… November 23, 2010 3:25 pm

Oh wow – what a feast! Sounds amazing, you've got my hungry for stuffing!

5. Liz Stanley said… November 23, 2010 2:43 pm

susannah and martha, i'll have to try those. Thanks!

6. Liz Stanley said… November 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Janelle, email me and I'll share it with you!

7. Meg said… November 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Everything sounds so delicious, are you sure there's not room for more at your table??

8. michelle said… November 23, 2010 2:01 pm

I AM SO EXCITED.

9. Janelle said… November 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Share the green bean recipe!!! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to try with my fresh green beans.Also, I'm brining my turkey for the first time.

10. robin k said… November 23, 2010 11:42 am

Awesome menu, LIz! I'm making the Cream of Parsnip soup, too, to take to Kim and Joan's. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you enjoy all the prep and cooking. I love it!

11. susannah said… November 23, 2010 11:37 am

st. andre's triple cream cheese (they also carry it at trader joe's). so so good. i promise. also at tj"s carmelized onion cheddar. (amazing but not quite as fancy)i thought we had a lot of pies!!! wow. sounds delish.

12. Martha said… November 23, 2010 11:36 am

Sounds delish! I highly recommend this pastry-wrapped brie with raspberries and rosemary recipe. It's so easy, tastes delish and is always a crowd pleaser:http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pastry-Wrapped-Brie-with-Raspberries-104798

13. marta said… November 23, 2010 11:18 am

i second the motion for brined turkey. it really is the BEST method for a juicy bird! i love your entire menu.. i must say chopped pecans in sausage stuffing makes it taste oh so good. best wishes with everything! happy thanksgiving to you and yours.

14. The Madien Metallurgist said… November 23, 2010 11:15 am

Hooray for your first brined turkey. It's going to change your Thanksgiving forever. Delicious.