I’ve been wanting to make Hank a crayon roll for a little while. As I started cutting out a basic one this idea came to me to pretty it up a bit by making the crayon pockets into a bunting banner instead of the traditional straight pockets.
I was able to fix the mistakes I made by winging it, and in the end I really am pleased with the final product.
I started with some bunting cut out of pretty turquoise felt (leftover from the bunting banner I made in his room).
Sewed it on top of two pieces of stripey linen with ribbon attached which had been sewed together and turned inside out. Linen was not the best choice here, but it was the only stripey fabric I had left in my stash.
I love how that blue pops from the striped background